Joker Review

As I have already seen the movie I would like to give you people an idea of the story.



Arthur Fleck is a clown. He performs as a street clown, advertising store sales. And he performs as a clown at a hospital for children. It’s his story of poverty, isolation, cruelty at the hands of others as well as society. That much is pretty typically portrayed in some of the Joker appearances in movies, comics, etc. But this movie focuses more on the reality of situations like his.
On the effect. On the results. It’s tough to see him suffer. I actually laughed outloud.. only one in the movie who did.. when he began to come out as JOKER. Violently. I thought it was actually quite fair and that should be something everyone considers after watching.
But, I see a lot of people talking about it who don’t see that or dismiss it. Probably they expected something much more cartoonish? I don’t know.
It’s a heavy film, if I may use that worn-out term. Emotional as well as intellectual. I’ve said before, this one rates very highly in my list of movies that are must-see.
I won't be telling you much of it because some suspense is compulsory to gain interest.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments